Saturday, August 25, 2007

Yadavalli Krishnamurthy:A Tribute to our Teacher

School:Sri Rama Krishna Vidayalaya,New Palvancha.
Period:1979-1986



One sultry afternoon a rugged person entered our class(3rd I think) and the next 45 minutes we areoverwhelmed by his way of teaching and his wittyanecdotes though some of them are crude. The one, Iparticularly remember is about Samuel Johnson and howhe attacked a layman, while the latter enquired aboutTime. For the first time words;‘Rustic’,’Nocturanal’.. etc,entered into my memory.(Even though I didn’t know what is the exact meaningof those words).
He is Yedavalli Krishnamurthy migrated from Vijayawada.

His way of teaching, is always fascinating and attentive and he made them practical by asking us to bring the leaves eaten by Caterpillars and models of Caterpillar cocoons and many more.

Once he told our super seniors to collectButterfiles, it started a great Butterfly rush and yielded a mass Butterfly execution, very gloomy indeed.
But he encouraged many of us to participate in science fairs and various competitons, and he is an inherent teacher who left a secured govt warden job, and simply followed his heart by returning to the teacher job.
On the flip side his moods are very erratic, and that reflected on the severe punishment he has to give us.
One of batch mate is the last victim from our batch to his attitude and after that he had untimely demise,and we are here, left with his memories and his spell towards science.

2 comments:

KARRA said...

Even I used to feel something special of is presence in the class and first introduction in the class by himslef is that they are twin brothers where in one Nmae is Krishna Murthy who teaches the English and the other is Vishnu Murthy who teaches Botany ofcourse during course of time I came to know that he himself is playing a dual role and ofcourse he is the person who has introduced the Tution in my study life forceably convincing my parents particularly my mother who is dead against to send for tutions.After all this has happend hardly I was there to the tutions for 15days are so later I stopped since he died sue to the heart attack and to my memory some of us are there in his House when the information has came about his death.Aside I cant even forget madam(Smt.krishna Murthy) who used to learn us at tution the bangings as well blamed our family for the death of Krishnamurthy.

Shyam said...

hey DGS..
I do have some rememberences about Krishnamurthy sir...
surprisngly coinciding with the two topics quoted by you..
guess I am not late in posting up my share of memories...


Once he told our super seniors to collect Butterfiles......

I was in the batch who was asked by him to collect butterflies and make albums with them..
I think I was in VIII then..
it was rainy season and the
rain had jst stopped.me and few of my friends set out to
collect butterflies.. we used to stay near KTPS hospital and we walked all the
way to C colony in search of butterflies.
we were roaming here and there and entered a vacant quarters in C colony First line.
while trying get hold of a butterfly, I slipped and fell on a broken wash basin porcelein sink
which was lying below..I had a instantaneous cut on my shin..around half inch deep..2 inches wide..
I still rememeber.. first the cut was pale..
almost white and turning pink.. then red with blood gushing out..
we walked all way back to home and got it sutured in KTPS hospital. 7 stitches in total.. bunking school 2 weeks ...
still few days later..all the laminated frames were hanging around the walls of science lab.



he encouraged many of us to participate in science fairs.....

I had represented SRKV in district science fair taking with one of the experiments ..
it was really tough..he didnt want to take me. some one else would represent me
and I need to hand over my exhibit..to some one else..
I was arrogant.. I told straight that
I would not give my exhibit to anyone else..even if it means it wouldnt be put in the fair.
finally I was in the team that was going to KMM for the district
science fair..was it Tiny Tots school? dont remember.. accomodation at nayabazar school..
My exhibit won second prize and the exhibition wound
up by mid afternoon with out the prize distribution cermony as Indira Gandhi was assasinated on that day.

shyam -SRKV'85